[Eeglablist] Different head model for headplot

Arnaud Delorme arno at ucsd.edu
Fri Oct 4 14:56:29 PDT 2013

Dear Joe,

Yes, it is possible to provide a different head mesh for headplot.
Headplot understands a lot of different formats for head meshes. See exert from the head plot help message below.
Easiest is to give it a Matlab structure containing 2 fields, one for vertices, one for faces.
Beware of co-registration though. Best to use menu Plot > ERP > 3D which allows you to coregister your mesh
with your electrode locations.

    'meshfile'    - ['string' or structure] Matlab files containing a mesh. The
                    mesh may be of different formats. It may be a Dipfit mesh as
                    defined in the file standard_vol.mat. It may contain
                    a structure with the fields 'vertices' and 'faces' or it
                    it may contain a structure with at least two fields:
                       POS    - 3-D positions of vertices:
                                x=left-right; y=back-front; z=up-down
                       TRI1   - faces on which the scalp map should be computed