[Eeglablist] runica in AAR (automatic artifact removal toolbox)

Eric Drollette drollet1 at illinois.edu
Mon Oct 21 20:52:20 PDT 2013

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to figure out how to script an automatic ICA eyeblink
reduction method rather than visually rejecting components in EEGlab
for each participant. Currently, I am in the process of exploring the
AAR toolbox plugin for EEGlab to automatically remove eyeblink
artifacts. I have successful performed through drop-down and scripting
the 'sobi', 'efica', and 'pca' from the drop-down list. Although, when
I perform the 'runica' the program gives me the following error:

-needs at least two output arguments
Output argument "weights" (and maybe others) not assigned during call
to "C:\Program Files\ ...runica.m>runica.

I am at a loss for why this error occurs but I am guessing that
because runica is already part of EEGlab I need to somehow connect
runica with the AAR plugin. If anyone has any insight into this
problem I would greatly appreciate the help. Or, if anyone has a
method for automatic ICA eyeblink detection I would love any insight
that would at least get me started in a direction other then the dead-
ends I keep running into.

Thank you,
Eric Drollette

Grad Student
Neurocognitive Kinesiology Lab
Department of Kinesiology and Community Health
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign