[Eeglablist] Rereference EEG reference using reref

David Kaufman david.kaufman at gmx.de
Thu Nov 7 16:52:53 PST 2013

Hi eeglab community,

I'm currently working with eeg data which was recorded using a single
reference electrode. I now want to reconstruct this reference by using
reref. Later I want to be able to add this additional channel to
improve my classifier.

Currently, my call to reref looks like this:
reref_trial = reref(trial, []);
where trial is a 32x301 single matrix. Unfortunately, reref also
returns a 32x301 single matrix. I was expecting to get a 1x301 matrix
with only the reconstructed reference. Am I understanding reref wrong?

Do you have any suggestions? I'm using eeglab version 12_0_2_4b.

Thanks for any help
David