[Eeglablist] Rereference EEG reference using reref

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 15:45:11 PST 2013

Greetings David,
hope this might help you: what it seems you need is an
interpolating function. Check the specifications which
should help you decide what to enter into the function.
Double-check that you re-reference appropriately
before interpolating, and that you're not including too many
bad channels around the reference of course.
You can search all of the below on google in
case the links don't come through for the function descriptions
and for the eeglab list queries listed below.

eeg_interp.m <http://sccn.ucsd.edu/eeglab/allfunctions/eeg_interp.m>
sccn.ucsd.edu/*eeglab*/all*functions*/eeg_interp.m
pop_interp.m - *eeglab* - Advanced EEG/MEG signal processing
*...*<http://code.google.com/p/eeglab/source/browse/eeglab/functions/popfunc/pop_interp.m?r=9707>
code.google.com/p/*eeglab*/source/.../*eeglab*/*functions*
/.../pop_interp.m?r...

[*Eeglablist*] Question regarding use of *interpolation
function*<http://sccn.ucsd.edu/pipermail/eeglablist/2012/004797.html>
sccn.ucsd.edu/pipermail/*eeglablist*/2012/004797.html
<https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=EEGLAB+function+interpolate&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#>

   -
   <http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:XmTHQBXEe0UJ:sccn.ucsd.edu/pipermail/eeglablist/2012/004797.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=safari>
   -
   <https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=related:sccn.ucsd.edu/pipermail/eeglablist/2012/004797.html+EEGLAB+function+interpolate&tbo=1&sa=X&ei=Y7yCUo2rMYbMsQTfkoCABA&ved=0CDAQHzAA>
   -

Apr 14, 2012 - [*Eeglablist*] Question regarding use of *interpolation
function*. Thu Apr 5 13:58:43 PDT 2012. Previous *...*
problem *interpolating*
channels<http://sccn.ucsd.edu/pipermail/eeglablist/2011/004122.html>
Jun 21, 2011
rejecting/*interpolating* bad
channels?<http://sccn.ucsd.edu/pipermail/eeglablist/2011/003951.html>
May 11, 2011
*interpolating* bad channels (eeg_interp()
)<http://sccn.ucsd.edu/pipermail/eeglablist/2007/001945.html>
Oct 1, 2007
*interpolating* bad
electrodes<http://sccn.ucsd.edu/pipermail/eeglablist/2006/001228.html>
Jan 22, 2006
More results from
sccn.ucsd.edu<https://www.google.com/search?q=EEGLAB+function+interpolate+site:sccn.ucsd.edu&client=safari&rls=en>

The reref function on the other hand is rereferencing the data.
pop_reref <http://sccn.ucsd.edu/eeglab/allfunctions/pop_reref.html>
sccn.ucsd.edu/*eeglab*/allfunctions/pop_reref.html
<https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=EEGLAB+function+interpolate&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#>

   -
   <http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:GtZG0BSxxmQJ:sccn.ucsd.edu/eeglab/allfunctions/pop_reref.html+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=safari>
   -
   <https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&biw=1261&bih=888&q=related:sccn.ucsd.edu/eeglab/allfunctions/pop_reref.html+EEGLAB+reference+data&tbo=1&sa=X&ei=z7yCUqr1GoLMsQS4sICQDw&ved=0CEIQHzAC>
   -

POP_REREF, Convert an EEG dataset to average reference or to a new common
reference channel (or channels). Calls reref(). *...* Unchecked, the data
are transformed to common reference. "Re-*reference data* to *...* See
also: reref(), *eeglab*() *...*