[Eeglablist] right way to add sorttypes in study ERP image?

Mauricio Aspé Sánchez mauricio.aspe.s at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 04:17:05 PST 2013

Dear all,
I cannot sort my ERP images by custom trials criteria in a Study.
I figure out that I have to add the fiels 'sortfield', 'MyField' and
'sorttype' 'MyType' in the precompute measures options, but it doesn't work
for me.

The sorttype works well with individual subjects or when I just use []
instead of 'MyType', but doesn't work in study. The error message is:

Error in eeg_getepochevent (line 87)
if nargin < 2

Output argument "epochval" (and maybe others) not assigned during call to
"/usr/local/matlab/2012b/toolbox/eeglab/functions/popfunc/eeg_getepochevent.m>eeg_getepochevent".

Error in std_erpimage (line 155)
         events = eeg_getepochevent(EEG, 'type', opt.sorttype, 'timewin',
         opt.sortwin, 'fieldname', opt.sortfield, 'trials',
opt.trialindices);

Error in std_precomp (line 283)
                std_erpimage(ALLEEG(desset.dataset), 'channels',
tmpchanlist,
                opts{:}, addopts{:}, tmpparams{:});

Could somebody shed me a light?

All the best,