[Eeglablist] study topography bug?

mirek 3mirek at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 02:26:02 PST 2013

Hi all,

While trying to use "Study / Plot channel measures / Params = Plot topography at time ...." I was surprised by rather strange plots, far
from what I had expected. I started to explore the issue and found that the Study topography plots are probably fake.
When plotting single person from Study dialog box (using the option "Study / Plot channel measures / Select subject to plot" on the right),
the plots were comletely different than the topographies made from the single set. Happily, the ERPs are identical.

Sample comparison of N170 from the same person can be seen here:
http://zpf.psychologia.uj.edu.pl/topo.png

At the left, topographies and ERPs drawn from the single subject set. At the right, the same subject's ERPs and topography
at 170ms is drawn from the Study dialog box. I suppose that there's a bug. Does anybody had a similar problem?

[EEGLAB 12.0.2.5b / Matlab R2013a / KUbuntu 13.10]

Mirek Wyczesany