[Eeglablist] steps using neuroscan to analyze auditory steady-state response (ASSRs)

chen128 chen128 at bu.edu
Fri Dec 6 13:14:51 PST 2013

Dear all;
I have a beginner question in analyzing the auditory steady-state
response. I have some EEG data ready and tried to follow the steps in
the following paper, but I am not sure if my steps are right. So I
wonder if anybody can check it for me? Thanks a lot!

Referenced paper:
Saupe et al. (2009). Effects of intermodel attention on the auditory
steady-state response and the event-related potential.
Psychophysiology, 321-327.

My steps from the raw cnt file:
1) High pass (.5 Hz)
2) Epoch (say, -200 to 800 ms)
3) baseline correction and artifact rejection
4) cut epoch  (say, 150 ms to 750 ms, including 24 cycles of interested 40 Hz)
5) spline fit
5) FFT on the spline fitted data

Thanks again!

S. Chen