[Eeglablist] Why doesn't BINICA show up as an option in ICA?

Jacob Anderson ande2523 at umn.edu
Mon May 12 10:27:16 PDT 2014

Dear Makoto,
>From the Wiki BINICA page under the "Download" head, it looks like a recent
compiled version (with improved PCA reduction) for Windows isn't available.
It goes on to say that the older compiled versions won't run within MATLAB
and can't be used with binica.m(). However, one can download those older
versions to run them externally. The code you provided to Natalie and her
successful efforts to run BINICA (in Win8) suggest that you can actually
run BINICA within MATLAB on recent versions of Windows, which is cool!  I
was wondering if the version Natalie was using is the version from the wiki
page or if someone compiled a new one with the provided source code.
Natalie mentioned that she inherited the version she's using and doesn't
know much about its origins.
Cheers,
Jake

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 10:52 AM, Makoto Miyakoshi <mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu>wrote:

> Dear Jake,
>
> At least I haven't heard of any problem yet. Is there a binica problem
> depending on windows versions?
>
> Makoto

> Hi Everyone,
>> Will the older Windows binary work on Windows 7 machines? I'm assuming
>> that Natalie isn't running XP. The only Windows version I know of is on
>> BINICA wiki page. Is there another version that's available?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jake
>> On May 8, 2014 5:18 PM, "Natalie Prowse" <NatalieProwse at cmail.carleton.ca>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>  ​Thank-you Makoto.  I have logged the bug (1604) and am using your
>>> work around.
>>>

>>>  regards,
>>>
>>> -Natalie

>>> EEG.icasphere = sph;