[Eeglablist] When to perform re-reference?

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Wed Jun 18 11:38:16 PDT 2014

Dear Jason,

I remember you said that average reference should be applied before ICA,
but I did not understand exactly why. Could you comment on this?

Jerry, you should apply average referencing AFTER removing bad channels.

I don't think it makes big differences between average referencing before
or after interpolation. However we don't necessarily recommend
interpolation before ICA.

Makoto