[Eeglablist] STUDY creation: Maximum recursion limit of 500 reached

David Amadeus Vogelsang dav26 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Jun 20 08:23:30 PDT 2014

Dear EEGLab users,

I have pre-processed my EEG data and I would like to create a STUDY to
perform statistics (Create study > browse for datasets). For each of the
two main experimental conditions, I have loaded the pre-processed
epoched data sets for each subject, just as it is described on the wiki
(chapter 2 STUDY creation). I have also changed the memory options as it
is described on the wiki ('file > memory and other options'). However,
when I run this, I get an EEGLab error message after a few minutes
saying:

'EEGLAB error in function localcat() at line 0:

Maximum recursion limit of 500 reached. Use set(0, 'RecursionLimit', N)
to change the limit. Be aware that exceeding your available stack space
can crash MATLAB and/or your computer.'

It looks like a function is calling itself which results in an infinite
loop but I do not know how to solve this problem.

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Best wishes,

David