[Eeglablist] Error message when creating bin-based epochs with ERPLAB

Akshay Maggu akshay at cuhk.edu.hk
Sat Jun 21 21:01:01 PDT 2014

Hi Roxana,

I think there is a mismatch between binlist.txt and binlister.txt that you
sent. Below are the bin details in binlist.txt and then you can also see
binlister.txt to see the mismatch.

bin 1, # 67, Rhyming English consistent target

bin 2, # 60, Rhyming English inconsistent target

bin 3, # 71, Nonrhyming English consistent target

bin 4, # 69, Nonrhyming English inconsistent target

bin 5, # 127, All rhyming trials

bin 6, # 140, All nonrhyming trials

I think a different binlister file, may be one of your earlier versions is
being loaded by default in your erplab gui. If that doesn't work out, then
check basic eventlist. It's all between eventlist, binlister and binlist.

Akshay

On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 8:58 AM, Mona Botezatu <mrb365 at drexel.edu> wrote:

> Hi Akshay,
>
> Thank you so much for your response. The binlister file that I have used
> is now attached to this email. It seemed to have worked fine, since the
> output file (binlist, also attached) shows that the conditions had been
> assigned to bins correctly.
>
> Roxana
>

> On 06/21/14, *Akshay * <akshaymaggu86 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Roxana
>
> May be your bins were not listed in the correct format in the binlister
> file. Please post your binlister  details.
>
> Best,
> Akshay
>
> On 21 Jun, 2014, at 11:38 am, "Mona Botezatu" <mrb365 at drexel.edu> wrote:
>
> Dear EEGLAB and ERPLAB users,
>

> I am using the ERPLAB Toolbox to analyze ERP data saved in Neuroscan .CNT
> file format. I successfully created bins for the conditions of interest,
> but I am unable to extract bin-based epochs due to the following error:
> pop_epoch(): empty epoch range (no epochs were found). Has anyone dealt
> with this issue? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Roxana

Akshay Raj Maggu,
Ph. D student,
Division of Linguistics and Modern Languages,
Chinese University of Hong Kong,
Hong Kong.
webpage: http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/lin/new/people/students/maggu/
*Save trees.. Save life! Please don't print this email unless you really
need to.....*