[Eeglablist] Numerical power values

Eric Ger greyjoyx at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 11:30:50 PDT 2014

Hi,

I've been trying to find a method (within EEGLab) through which I can
extract numerical values for power (in dB or mV^2) in an epoched (and ICA
cleaned) .set file and I am unable to do so. spectopo () plots the power
density (log of mV^2/Hz) with frequency (Hz) which might also be useful,
but I am unable to extract numerical values from that plot as well. Is
there a function that allows for specification of baseband (e.g. Alpha
~8-10 Hz) and outputs the power values within that baseband for each
channel (similar to how BESA performs this operation)? Can 'spectopo'
output such values? What sort of calculation/transformation is performed to
obtain such values with 'spectopo' (if at all)?

Thanks,

Eddy