[Eeglablist] Questions about sampling rate, deleting channels, and adding additional channels

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Mon Aug 11 12:24:16 PDT 2014

Dear Eric,

> 1) I have a dataset with a different sampling rate than the others.
Should I resample the other datasets down to the same sampling rate as the
one dataset?

Yes.

> 2) I have had some problems with a few channels in some of the datasets
and I was wondering if it could be problem if I deleted those without
interpolating?

No, if you are going to follow our recommended preprocess pipeline i.e. ICA
-> ICA clustering at the group level. Otherwise, it depends on your
preprocess plan.

> 3) I have tried to add T1 and T2 by using the template in eeglab
(standard-10-5-cap385.elp) but they do not exist. Is there a way to get the
coordinates for the two channels?

You should either 1) find their coordinates and register them, or 2) find
the closest channels for replacement.

Makoto