[Eeglablist] extracting non event related epochs

James Desjardins jdesjardins at brocku.ca
Mon Aug 18 11:43:57 PDT 2014

Hi Payashi,

To select epochs I would use pop_select in the form:

EEG=pop_select(EEG,'trial',[900:960]);

... where the values [900:960] refer to trial/epoch indices.

If you used the vised_marks plugin to generate the regular interval epochs there should be a field in the EEG.epoch structure named "startpnt" that represents the data point index from the continuous data where the current epoch originated. So if you wanted to extract all of the epochs that originated between 5 minutes and 6 minutes (between 300 and 360 seconds) in the continuous data you could use the following:

epoch_inds=find([EEG.epoch.startpnt]>300*EEG.srate & [EEG.epoch.startpnt]<360*EEG.srate);
EEG=pop_select(EEG,'trial',epoch_inds);

Let me know if this is what you need.

James Desjardins, MA
Electrophysiology Technologist
Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience Lab, Psychology Department
Jack and Nora Walker Centre for Lifespan Development Research
Brock University
500 Glenridge Ave.
St. Catharines, ON, Canada L2S 3A1
905-688-5550 x4676
--
"'Cause you never can tell What goes on down below!
"This pool might be bigger Than you or I know!"

McElligot's Pool
Dr.Seuss 1947