[Eeglablist] load EGI files

Govindan, Rathinaswamy rgovinda at childrensnational.org
Fri Sep 12 04:04:19 PDT 2014

Dear all:
Thanks every one for all the suggestions. Here I address your questions; also post my questions related to your suggestions.

Srini: Our sampling rate is 1KHz. I can down sample the data to 250Hz or even lower however I am worried that it might affect the gamma band activity that we are interested in.

Andrew: I am using IMAC to import the data. I am running 32bit MATLAB in it. It has 16GB of RAM. I was suggested by EGI techs to insert event in the file and use segmentation option to segment the data based on the events. After I segmented the data, I used the convert to mat format function that came with EGI software.  I could not able to import these mat files in MATLAB.

Simon: I will also try your suggestion. How would I check if it has exported the right set of electrode layout?

Iman: Are you running EP Toolbox on Windows PC or on Linux/Unix/MAC. I am trying to understand if I need to install this in a computer running on 64bit processor.

Ramon and Alois: Does the biosig4matlab tool have to be installed on a Linux system? Can it work on IMAC in which a 32 bit MATLAB is installed?

I am going to try out the following:

Install EP Toolbox and check if it helps.

Install Biosig4matlab tool and check if it helps.

I will keep you posted on the status.

Thanks, again.

Best regards,

RB

R. B. Govindan, PhD
Staff Scientist III
Director of Advanced Physiologic Signals Processing Lab
Fetal Medicine Institute
Division of Fetal and Transitional Medicine
Children's National Health System
111 Michigan Ave, NW, M3118C
Washington, DC
202-476-5309