[Eeglablist] Methods of improving SNR

Tyler Grummett tyler.grummett at flinders.edu.au
Tue Sep 30 14:58:07 PDT 2014

Hey makoto,

That would be great, currently I'm just turning that off (last argument from memory).

I've also asked the question of whether using the high pass filter in this function will interrupt connectivity measures. I looked up forward backward highpass filter, but didn't understand it, what does non causal mean in this respect?

Kind regards,

Tyler

Sent from my iPhone

On 1 Oct 2014, at 2:45 am, Makoto Miyakoshi <mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu<mailto:mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu>> wrote:

Dear Tyler,

First of all, 99% of the credit should go to Christian Kothe. I just wrote a wrapper for EEGLAB.

> Is it possible to use that function to get regions of time that are considered artefactual? Rather than it removing the data itself?

Internally the indices of latencies are generated. For rejection, it usually uses pop_rejcont, but I know it does not work recently and also know that Christian prepared a workaround which usually works... if you want, I can talk to Christian to support to output the latencies in the EEGLAB pop_rejcont format (i.e. [start_latency end_latency]).

Makoto