[Eeglablist] clean_rawdata

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Wed Oct 1 18:24:38 PDT 2014

Dear Tyler,

It uses PCA for decomposition, and eye blinks tend to have high and often
the highest amplitude among other sources, that is why... actually I wish
it does not remove eye blinks because I want to let ICA take care of it.
Anyways I'm happy that you like it. I've also heard other users really like
it too. When I heard the idea of this approach from Christian I was deeply
impressed and thought that this is going to be the champion method.

By the way I've heard the report that pop_rejcont() has a problem and when
it causes errors clean_rawdata() falls back to its own function and reject
data and delete event info. Ramon fixed it today and updated EEGLAB, so I
strongly recommend you update EEGLAB. When you need to use the older
version of EEGLAB, carefully watch the log. The pop_rejcont() error occurs
only when the last datapoint is selected for rejection (or something
similar). Again, now it is fixed though.

Makoto