[Eeglablist] FW: How can I programatically color all trials for artefact rejection ? (it works in the GUI)

Camilla Rotvel caro at eng.au.dk
Thu Oct 9 12:09:55 PDT 2014

Hi,

I would like to make a semiautomated artefact rejection script in MATlab. I import a dataset which is already epoched into EEGlab:

EEG = pop_loadset(file);

EEG = eeg_checkset( EEG );
           [EEG ExtremeValue_reject_index] = pop_eegthresh(EEG,1,[1:124] ,-50,50,-0.80078,1.6953,1,0);

           [EEG, ~, trend_reject_index] = pop_rejtrend(EEG,1,[1:124] ,640,50,0.3,1,0,1);
           EEG = eeg_checkset( EEG );

A window opens, but only the 'rejtrend'-detected epochs are colored. I would prefer that the eegthresh-detected epochs were also colored. I have successfully made the scroll-plot with the GUI (Tools -> Reject data epochs -> Reject data (all methods) -> "Show all trials marked for rejection by the measure selected above or checked below", and only check "abnormal data", "abnormal values" and "abnormal trends". Here is a picture: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jlo90hwwn7t8bq7/plot.png?dl=0

Unfortunately EEG.history does not provide me with the right script, which is the script I have already posted here, and as already mentioned it only colors the  'rejtrend'-detected epochs. I have checked EEG.reject, and both the eegthresh and rejtrend-data are there, but somehow it gets lost when I'm plotting from the script.

I appreciate any and all help !
Camilla Rotvel

Camilla Arndal Rotvel
Ph.D. student at DuPont Nutrition Biosciences
Edwin Rahrs Vej 38, DK-8220 Brabrand

Aarhus University
Edison, Room 201, Finlandsgade 22, DK-8200 Aarhus N

Phone    :  + 45 21543280
E-mail     :  caro at eng.au.dk<mailto:caro at eng.au.dk>