[Eeglablist] pop_regica

Tyler Grummett tyler.grummett at flinders.edu.au
Thu Oct 16 16:52:09 PDT 2014

Hello eeglabers,

I was looking for an automatic eye blink removal function and I stumbled across pop_regica. However I also stumbled across a bug, but as usual Im not 100% sure its a bug.

When I run the function from the GUI, I get the following error:

Index exceeds matrix dimensions.

Error in pop_regica (line 448)
tmpdata = reshape( EEG.data(g.chanind,:,:), length(g.chanind), EEG.pnts*EEG.trials);

It appears that g.chanind contains the indexes of the EEG channels after EOG channels have been removed from it. This means that EEG.data has (number of EOG channels)

less channels and indexing into it produces that error.

I took out (g.chanind, :, :) and it worked fine:

tmpdata = reshape( EEG.data, length(g.chanind), EEG.pnts*EEG.trials);

?Is this a bug and the fix for the bug? Or am I doing something wrong?

Tyler

Tyler Grummett ( BBSc, BSc(Hons I))
PhD Candidate
Brain Signals Laboratory