[Eeglablist] EEGLAB doesn't start on latest matlab and OS X

Demarchi, Gianpaolo gianpaolo.demarchi at unitn.it
Thu Oct 23 03:01:14 PDT 2014

Hi,

I’m on Yosemite as well, and one quick and dirty workaround is:

sudo nano /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist

and put something else instead of “10.10”, e.g. with “10.90” (which is obviously < 10.10 ;-) ) I managed to make 2012b run.
So now I’ve both 2012b and 2014b, and I change the mentioned file depending on the needs … waiting that the entire matlab “GUI” world (EEGLAB, but also SPM and some parts of fieldtrip) slowly patches all the figure handles from numbers to objects.
I think that mathworks should have put the option to keep the “old” graphic system (e.g. “matlab -hgVersion 1” would have been beneficial), at least for a couple of releases, to let people slowly pick up that big improvement …. anyway …

Don’t forget to put it back to “10.10” when you want to upgrade from the App store, or you won’t find any new software …
My two €-cents,
G.