[Eeglablist] help with power spectral density

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Sun Nov 16 13:54:42 PST 2014

Dear Omar,

Sorry for slow response.
You have to use the spectopo() function in the command line to obtain the
raw values. There were related posts in the past in which I have been
repeatedly showing the following. Hope it helps.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
% for your epoched data, channel 2
[spectra,freqs] = spectopo(EEG.data(2,:,:), 0, EEG.srate);

% delta=1-4, theta=4-8, alpha=8-13, beta=13-30, gamma=30-80
deltaIdx = find(freqs>1 & freqs<4);
thetaIdx = find(freqs>4 & freqs<8);
alphaIdx = find(freqs>8 & freqs<13);
betaIdx  = find(freqs>13 & freqs<30);
gammaIdx = find(freqs>30 & freqs<80);

% compute absolute power
deltaPower = 10^(mean(spectra(deltaIdx))/10);
thetaPower = 10^(mean(spectra(thetaIdx))/10);
alphaPower = 10^(mean(spectra(alphaIdx))/10);
betaPower  = 10^(mean(spectra(betaIdx))/10);
gammaPower = 10^(mean(spectra(gammaIdx))/10);

If you don't want to code, maybe you want to try the following toolbox.
http://www.poil.dk/s/#.VDRGNZTWXNU

Makoto