[Eeglablist] ICA related fields on the EEG struct

Yamil Vidal Dos Santos hvidaldossantos at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 12:06:09 PST 2014

Dear all,
I would like to know what are each ICA realted fields on the EEG struct
(such as icaact, icaweights, icasphere). I remember finding this in a
tutorial a long time ago, but now I cannot find it.

In particular I would like to know this. The field EEG.icaact is usually
empty and can be filled by using the function icaact.m or by running
something like the following line:

EEG.icaact = (EEG.icaweights*EEG.icasphere)*reshape(EEG.data, EEG.nbchan,
EEG.trials*EEG.pnts);

But the resulting matrix is 2 dimensional (with all the trials
concatenated). Is this correct? Or should I reshape it to have dimensions
component x time x trial.

I'm asking these because I'm trying to use an automatic classifier to mark
components as artifactual. The paper presenting the classifier is this one:
http://www.behavioralandbrainfunctions.com/content/7/1/30
Does anyone has experience using this classifier?
Any alternative methods suggested?

Thanks,
Yamil Vidal Dos Santos