[Eeglablist] when to re-reference

Bin Wang binwang87828 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 02:01:36 PST 2014

Hello, Steve,

Thank you very much for your replying.

I used ICA implemented in EEGLAB to remove the artefact. I removed the bad
channels before ICA and interpolated them after artefact rejection. As you
said, I must interpolate bad channels before average referencing. I think
the only time to re-reference is after artefact rejection by ICA and
interpolation of bad channels, which is almost the last step of my
preprocessing. Does it sound OK?
By the way, during the recording, we put the reference electrode on left
mastoids.

Best
Bin

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Bin Wang
Cognitive Neuroscience
Institute of Neuroscience and Medicine (INM-3)
Forschungszentrum Juelich,
Leo-Brandt-Str. 5
52425 Juelich
Email: b.wang at fz-juelich.de <binwang87828 at gmail.com>