[Eeglablist] Reliability

Norbert Franke nfranke at uni-bonn.de
Tue Dec 9 05:46:43 PST 2014

Dear Collegues,

I have a question about reliability.

Fiorenzo Artoni has sent me his article:

     http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1053811914007526

When I repeat an ICA run, the result differs.

My question to the developers of EEGLAB is: Fiorenzo
Artori talked about introducing a RELICA toolbox in
EEGLAB. When? Will it be a plugin or an additional tool?

And a question to the collegues: What do You do when the
results differ after simply repeating an ICA run? If You
try to delete a component after the first run, it would be
another after the next run. How can You decide which
component has to be deleted? How much variation is
acceptable? What do You do when a 2d image of a component
is exactly the same but the polarity is inverted?

I am courious to Your experience, it is important for me.

Yours,

Norbert Franke

nfranke at uni-bonn.de
Praxis: 0049 (0)228 - 364663