[Eeglablist] -inf values in psd array of signal

James Bonello jamesbonello9 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 16:28:36 PST 2014

Hi EEGLablist,

I am using CHB-MIT EEG seizure data and finding psd values ranging from
1-10 Hz for EEG using 23 channels. I find this using the pwelch() matlab
function, however I am getting -inf values in certain cells of the array
23x300 (300 two sec epochs). Could this be an error using the pwelch
function or is it possible that signals may contain certain anomalies which
result in such values? If there's anything that could be done to solve this
I would like to know and would appreciate any insight!

Thank you!

Regards,

- *James Bonello*