[Eeglablist] runica processing time discrepancy

Matthew Moore matthew.moore at otago.ac.nz
Thu Dec 25 17:48:27 PST 2014

Hi all,

I am currently doing a bit of ICA, and have noticed that my laptop seems to complete the ICA analysis process faster (2'30'' vs 3'30'').

This seems to me anomalous, as the desktop should be substantially more powerful than the laptop.

The laptop has a dual-core i5-4200 @ 1.6GHz and 8GB of RAM, while the desktop has an 8-core FX-8320 @ 3.7GHz with 12GB RAM.

The only other significant difference between the two that I can think of is that the laptop runs Windows 8 and Matlab R2014a, and the desktop Windows 7 with Matlab R2013b.

I feel like things should be going a lot quicker on the desktop, has anyone encountered this problem?

Regards, Matt