[Eeglablist] EMG onset detection

Matthew Moore matthew.moore at otago.ac.nz
Fri Jan 16 02:55:21 PST 2015

Hi all,

I am trying to automatically detect the onset of facial EMG so as to use spectral analysis on a short epoch before.

I have created a script which does a pretty good job. Summarily, it gets the derivative (i.e. gradient) of each point, applies a moving gradient, and linearly prioritises data points in an allotted time window (i.e. points at the start of the window are given 8x the weight of points at the end).

This is not perfect, and I'm interested to hear if anyone has devised a more reliable method.

Cheers, Matt