[Eeglablist] Brain Visions 32-Channel Location File

berry van den berg berryv.dberg at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 08:34:19 PST 2015

Hi Nicole,

I think the following should work.
If you are using the international 10-20 system then you can specify the
channel names in Pycorder, I think it will be under configuration >
recording montage and there you can change the names from 1:32 to whatever
channel name this corresponds to see
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15137171/Capture.PNG (this
configuration will be saved to a xml file). Subsequently you can add
channel locations in eeglab, which should now automatically find the right
location based on the 10-20 channel names.

Your goal is to have the channel names in the .vhdr file be related to the
10-20 system:

[Channel Infos]
; Each entry: Ch<Channel number>=<Name>,<Reference channel name>,
; <Scaling factor in "Unit">,<Unit>, Future extensions..
; Fields are delimited by commas, some fields might be omitted (empty).
; Commas in channel names are coded as "\1".
Ch1=your channel name,REF,1.0,µV
Ch2=Ch2,REF,1.0,µV
Ch3=Ch3,REF,1.0,µV
Ch4=Ch4,REF,1.0,µV