[Eeglablist] Problem while importing ASCII data and events files: latencies out-of-bounds

Hugo Pantecouteau hugo.pantecouteau at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 15:59:55 PST 2015

Dear all,

I had Iwave (INStep) .ic files with 64 channels and I have subtracted
them to get 32 channels .ic files.
Then, I export them from Iwave at a sampling rate of 248 Hz to get ASCII
files (.asc) and transformed them into data.txt and events.txt files to
import them into EEGlab.
Then, I do "import data" and it is working (with some warnings like
"upper time limit (xmax) adjusted so (xmax-xmin)*srate+1 = number of
frames")
Then, I do "import events info" but the events are not imported and I
have this error:
"eeglab_checkset warning: 71/71 events had out-of-bounds latencies and
were removed" and in the blue window I have: "events : none" instead of
seeing the number of events.
I tried to modifiy the parameter "Align event latencies to data events"
from "NaN" to zero, 0.5 or 1 but i got the following error: no
pre-exsting events.
My events.txt files have three columns: latency (floating point
numbers), type (integers) and code (integers).

I don't know why I get this error and I have no more ideas to try to fix it.

Thank you!