[Eeglablist] Using Topoplot() function for Non-ICA data

Allan Campopiano alcampopiano at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 22:46:54 PST 2015

Hi Neha,

It seems like you want SD across trials for each electrode, but if I
misinterpreted that, let me know. Basically, you can use topoplot to plot
any values as long as you have channel locations and some data vector that
is posing as EEG data. So something like this would work.

% your array of SD values
SD=std(EEG.data,1,3);

% Say you want to plot at 100ms. Convert ms to time point (see
pop_topoplot).
TimePt=round((100/1000-EEG.xmin)/(EEG.xmax-EEG.xmin) * (EEG.pnts-1))+1;

% change colormap limits to whatever you want (MinVal MaxVal)
figure; topoplot(SD(:,TimePt),'Your_Channel_Locations_File', 'shading',
'interp', 'maplimits', [MinVal MaxVal]);
colorbar

If you want more of a grid style figure so you can see the SD values across
trials for every latency you could do
figure; imagesc(SD)
set(gca,'YDir','normal')

Also type help surf if you want 3D grid style figures.

Sincerely,
Allan

*Allan Campopiano* | Electrophysiology Technician-Analyst
Laboratory of Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience
Brock University | Psychology Department | 500 Glenridge Ave.
St. Catharines, ON Canada L2S 3A1
*T* 905-688-5550 x3451 *F *905-688-6922