[Eeglablist] How to use ICA

Stephen Politzer-Ahles spa268 at nyu.edu
Thu Mar 12 10:59:54 PDT 2015

Hello Aditya,

See http://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Chapter_09:_Decomposing_Data_Using_ICA .
Basically you just need to run an ICA decomposition, use some method to
decide which ICs represent noise that you would like to remove, and then
remove those ICs from the data. If you search through the literature and
the EEGLAB mailing list archives, you will find lots of discussion of more
details about how to make ICA work better (regarding topics such as what
reference to use, what baseline to use, whether or not to reject certain
other artifacts before ICA, whether to run ICA on continuous or epoched
data, etc.).

Good luck,
Steve

Stephen Politzer-Ahles