[Eeglablist] ERSP and ERP analyse using MPT clustering method

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Mon May 11 16:10:57 PDT 2015

Hello Mohammed, hoping the brief thoughts below help a little. ~Best wishes.

1. There should be a relationship between ERP and ERSP, in the sense that
chances in spectral dynamics "create" ERPS, thus it's probable that using
both features should give more valid clusters.
However if it's suggested to run MPT on one feature at a time, please do so.
2. I would say try both features together for clustering, and also try them
separately for two different clustering runs. You may empirically show the
difference, and that would be something useful for the field.
If there's no difference that also useful to note [let the list know if
possible]. If you haven't tried things with the traditional k-means
clustering in matlab, it would be interesting to know if you see any
difference with that method compered to MPT clustering.
3. It matters to some degree whether the condition effects you are
interested in show up more (or less) in the ICAs using different filtering
approaches, or in the clustering with one or two features.
4. I don't think you'll have a problem with reporting on comparisons of the
locations of spatial clusters when the data going into the ICAs has been
filtered differently,
as long as you describe appropriate caveats. If you do clustering  in
several ways then you could  report whether or not there is a difference in
localization across the techniques you choose.