[Eeglablist] mixed model for EEG data

Stephen Politzer-Ahles spa268 at nyu.edu
Wed Jun 17 03:23:55 PDT 2015

Hi Lampros,

I'm not aware of an implementation within EEGLAB, but it is straightforward
to do by hand. You would just need to identify the sample[s] of interest on
each trial and construct a model using trials and subjects as random
effects in addition to whatever fixed effects are associated with those
trials. There are several different ways you could handle multiple
comparisons across channels and timepoints; you could average across
several channels and/or timepoints that were of interest a priori, or you
could include channel/region as a fixed effect in the analysis as is
typically done with ANOVA on EEG data, or you could do a mixed model at
each {channel,timepoint} data point and use the model coefficients to do
spatiotemporal clustering as described in Maris & Oostenveld (2007, Journal
of Neuroscience Methods).

Best,
Steve

Stephen Politzer-Ahles