[Eeglablist] average reference and connectivity

Mathis Kaiser mathis.kaiser at charite.de
Fri Jun 19 02:20:48 PDT 2015

Hi Roy,

not claiming to be an expert on matters of averaging, but it might be
useful to think about the connectivity measure you're applying:
while spurious connectivity is an issue when using the PLV, it should
not be present for measures that are based on the imaginary part of
coherency (and therefore don't take into account zero-phase lag
synchronization, see Nolte et al. 2004). Proposed improvements on the
ImC include the PLI (Stam et al. 2007) and wPLI (Vinck et al. 2011).

Cheers,
Mathis