[Eeglablist] Line noise - DIPFIT

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Thu Jul 23 10:07:46 PDT 2015

Dear Mostafa,

Sorry I did not respond you for long time!

> My question is for line noise rejection I need a window with 5sec length
and step, without any overlap or shorter window with overlap?

On the continuous data you want to run CleanLine. The sliding window width
dose not have to be 5 sec. About the overlap, well this is my personal
practice based on my personal experience, but if you don't use overlap you
can obtain much better suppression. Note this may be against Tim's
recommendation. Actually I was discussing this issue just yesterday with
colleagues (Mateusz and John). Since CleanLine uses multitaper method in
frequency estimate, non-overlapping window step should be fine... I'm open
to hear different opinions here.

> My second question is about dipole placement with DIPFIT. Is there any
solution to reject dipoles which placed out of brain except creating STUDY?

DIPFIT GUI has a checkbox to reject outside-brain dipoles.

Makoto