[Eeglablist] Re-referencing before or after creating bi-polar HEOG and VEOG channel

melissa scott melissascott6 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 19:47:14 PDT 2015

Dear Colleagues,

My advisor's lab recently started collecting ERP data. We decided to
reference the electrodes to the left earlobe during data acquisition and
plan to re-reference to the average of the left and right earlobes offline.
We think we should also re-reference the electrodes above and below the
eyes before we create our bipolar channel (VEOG) that we will subsequently
use for blink detection and correction. Does this seem appropriate? We
appreciate your thoughts and suggestions.

thanks, Melissa