[Eeglablist] How can I epoch events that preceded a specific response?

Stephen Politzer-Ahles spa268 at nyu.edu
Tue Aug 4 23:05:05 PDT 2015

Hello Ana,

I think you can find several discussions about this kind of issue on the
EEGLABLIST archives. For example, here's one:
http://sccn.ucsd.edu/pipermail/eeglablist/2012/005176.html. I know I've
responded to others, but I can't remember where they are right now.

Long story short, there are at least two approaches for this:
1) look into ERPLAB, it should have options for more complex trial
definition based on multiple triggers
2) Use a for loop or an arrayfun() to rewrite your triggers based on the
value of the following response codes (e.g., for a trigger called 'A'
followed by a response called '1', you could concatenate the following
response code onto the trigger to end up with a trigger like 'A1');

Steve

Stephen Politzer-Ahles
New York University, Abu Dhabi
Neuroscience of Language Lab