[Eeglablist] question for overlapping in Spectopo()

#SHAN XIN# SHAN0055 at e.ntu.edu.sg
Wed Aug 5 03:10:10 PDT 2015

Dear Makoto,

There were some discussions  in archives about overlapping for Spectopo(), but no confirmation was reached. So I hope to ask this again:

The pwelch() function in Matlab has a default overlapping of 50%. But Spectopo(), which uses pwelch() function, has the following description in help file:

    'overlap'  = [integer] window overlap in data points {default: 0}

So in the end do we need to pass the overlap value pair to Spectopo()?

Thank you!
Shan Xin