[Eeglablist] Research assistant position available in the Luck lab at UC Davis

Steven J Luck sjluck at ucdavis.edu
Wed Aug 12 15:31:54 PDT 2015

We are seeking a recent college graduate for a research assistant position in the laboratory of Steve Luck at the UC-Davis Center for Mind & Brain with a duration of 1-2 years. Our laboratory focuses broadly on cognition and emotion in healthy young adults and disruptions of these processes in anxiety and schizophrenia. We use a combination of psychophysical measures, eye tracking, EEG/ERPs, and brain stimulation (see http://mindbrain.ucdavis.edu/people/sjluck).

The position involves a mix of research and lab management. The ideal candidate would have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and substantial research experience using at least one of our laboratory’s main methods. Experience or coursework in computer programming, including crunching numbers in Excel, data analysis in Matlab, and/or stimulus presentation in Matlab, E-Prime, or Presentation is desirable.

This is an excellent position for someone who would like to obtain additional research experience before going to graduate school. Davis is a very pleasant college town located 15 minutes from Sacramento, 90 minutes from the San Francisco Bay Area, 45 minutes from Napa Valley, and 2 hours from Lake Tahoe.

To apply, send a cover letter, a resume, and a letter of recommendation to Jaclyn Farrens (lucklab.manager at gmail.com<mailto:lucklab.manager at gmail.com>). The position will remain open until filled, and the likely start date will be in October, 2015. Starting salary is $ 36,984/year. The University of California is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.