[Eeglablist] STUDY Bootstrap statistical analysis

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Mon Aug 17 19:10:26 PDT 2015

Dear Jodie,

I assume you use statcond(data, 'method', 'bootstrap').
The bootstrap process is done by surrogdistrib(). It randomizes the indices
for conditions to construct surrogate data (i.e. null hypothesis that the
difference of the labels has no effect on data). Then it jumps to
ttest_cell() to run a standard t-test to test on both real data difference
and surrogate data difference separately to obtain t-values. Finally it
runs stat_surrogate_pvals() using these data to determine the significant
data point/pixel/voxel in a non-parametric way (i.e. counting from the end
to determine X-percentile).

Makoto