[Eeglablist] STUDY Bootstrap statistical analysis

Jodie Feil Jodie.Feil at weizmann.ac.il
Thu Aug 13 05:31:43 PDT 2015

Dear All,

I was wondering if you could tell me how the bootstrap statistical analysis works in the EEGLAB STUDY design?

If I want to compare two groups (GO = 250 trials) vs (NOGO - 30 trials) across healthy controls and schizophrenia. I am interested in making sure that the differences between GO and NOGO within subjects is reliable. So I assumed to run the bootstrap statistical analysis (to account for the different number of trials). However, I can't seem to find documentation of what exactly the bootstrap statistical analysis is outputting.

For example, when we applied the bootstrap statistic, we found a significance difference (p=0.01, bonferroni corrected) across a number of electrodes between the GO and NOGO conditions in healthy controls.

I have looked through: https://sccn.ucsd.edu/svn/software/eeglab/functions/studyfunc/pop_statparams.m

However, I would be happy if somebody could elaborate and further explain.

Thank you
Jodie

Dr. Jodie Naim-Feil
Post-doctoral Fellow
Research group of Prof. Elisha Moses
Department of Physics of Complex Systems
Weizmann Institute of Science
76100 Rehovot, Israel