[Eeglablist] interpolation of bad channels after ICA

Marco Buiatti marco.buiatti at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 09:33:15 PDT 2015

Dear EEGLAB Masters,

I have a question concerning the interpolation of bad channels after ICA.

When I identify a bad channel, I would like to:
1) run ICA ignoring that channel,
2) remove ICs representing artifacts,
3) and then reinterpolate the channel.

What's the cleanest way to do that? I know that I can deselect that channel
when I run ICA (by the way, what is plotted at that channel position when I
plot the topography of the ICA components?), but I don't know how to do
step 3.

Ideally, I would like the interpolated channel to be in the same order
where it was before, so that channel configuration is the same across
subjects.

I see a button 'Select from removed channels' in Tools > Interpolate
Electrodes which sounds like solving this issue, but I have not been able
to activate it.

Thanks for your help,

Marco

--
Marco Buiatti

Neonatal Neurocognition Lab
Center for Mind/Brain Sciences
University of Trento,
Corso Bettini 31, 38068 Rovereto (TN), Italy
E-mail: marco.buiatti at unitn.it
Phone: +39 0464-808178