[Eeglablist] Question about EEGLAB tutorial

jason roger jasonroger8 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 02:34:29 PDT 2015

Dear all,

In EEGLAB tutorial under the section "Selecting events and epochs for two
conditions" was written:

"To compare event-related EEG dynamics for a subject in two or more
conditions from the same experiment, it is first necessary to create
datasets containing epochs for each condition. In the experiment of our
sample dataset, half the targets appeared at position 1 and the other half
at position 2".

My queations:
1-What's the meaning of the word "conditions" in upper section "To compare
event-related EEG dynamics for a subject in two or more conditions from the
same experiment"? In other words, does that mean, if I have dataset of one
participant with 2 events ("rt", and "square"), and  in oder to compare
those events, I need to seperate my data into 2 datasets where each of them
has one event (first dataset is related to the rt event, and second dataset
is related to the square event?

2-Is the term "event-related EEG dynamics" (mentioned up) can be considered
as "event-related potential"?

Thanks.
Jason