[Eeglablist] epoching before ICA for continuous data?

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 11:52:37 PDT 2015

Hello, Many EEG ICA researchers just get a great ICA decomposition and then
re-apply it to full continuous data, and then epoch that data. The first
epoching step before ICA, however meaningless, can benefit you by allowing
for a cleaner ICA decomposition. It's non-trivial how short or long the
fake epochs are, as this will influence how many epochs are detected and
dropped due to artifact before you do the ICA. Cheers!