[Eeglablist] Removal of epochs (indexed according to raw data) from cleaned data

Jodie Feil Jodie.Feil at weizmann.ac.il
Tue Oct 27 02:33:08 PDT 2015

Dear All,

I was wondering if there is a way/script to remove unwanted epochs once the data has been cleaned and is stored within a STUDY design. Whereby, the list of the epochs/latencies which I would like to remove are categorised according to the raw data (pre-cleaned) and I would like to remove these specific epochs/latencies from the cleaned data (where a number of other epochs may have been removed manually during cleaning).

For example, I have EEG data which includes the cortical response of both correct and incorrect performance on a behavioural task. I would now like to remove the epochs corresponding to the incorrect trials. I have a list of the epochs/latency of the incorrect trials (however, this is indexed according to the raw data) and I was wondering where, following cleaning, the original epochs/latencies would be stored within the STUDY design. I thought perhaps this could be done through EEG.epoch within the STUDY structure. However, I am not sure how to write the script to remove the unwanted epochs without causing problems to the STUDY structure.

If it is too difficult within the STUDY structure, is there a way to script this easily for extraction from individual files?

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,
Jodie

Jodie Naim-Feil
Post-doctoral Fellow
Research group of Prof. Elisha Moses
Department of Physics of Complex Systems
Weizmann Institute of Science
76100 Rehovot, Israel