[Eeglablist] Epoch time-range for Time-frequency decomposition

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Thu Nov 26 15:06:40 PST 2015

Dear Akshay,

> How valid or how accurate would a time-frequency decomposition be with
epochs time range of -0.1 to 0.8 sec?

If you can give up whole theta range and start from 8Hz, namely 'freqs', [8
50], you can still use the wavelet transform with compatible parameters.

> However, if I go for this, there will be overlapping events.

It's fine to have overlapping events within the epoch as long as they are
moderately separated. For example, it's fine to use 'cycles', [3 0.85],
'freqs', [8 50] (this makes 1117ms window length) for MMN paradigm in which
SOA is 500 ms.

Makoto