[Eeglablist] Number of channels needed

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Thu Nov 26 15:54:32 PST 2015

Dear Eric,

> Is it possible to use the following for a 7 channel EEG (around 200 secs):

>     ICA for cleaning?

Sure. You want to remove eye ICs (blink, eye movement, etc). Valid here!

>     Interpolation of channels?

No. Because I don't think it's helpful.

>     Rereference to average?

It's risky. If you are sure that you have all 7 channels AND they are all
good, then you may try it.

> And with the ICA it sometimes seems like it's also removing some of my
data. Do anyone have experience with this?

If you project ICs to reconstruct scalp channel EEG, there could be a minor
difference due to limitation of numeric accuracy. But it should not be that
noticeable. If anything, it may be related to very low number of channels,
but I can't think of the possibility off the top of my head.

Makoto