[Eeglablist] Remove DC Offset ERPLAB Filter

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Tue Dec 1 10:45:39 PST 2015

Dear Philippa,

People have different 'preferences' when it comes to filtering. Hence their
recommendation do differ, which could be confusing. However, I've never
heard of a paper rejected by improper filtering. If you follow one of the
standard applications in the literature, you'll be fine. I know this sounds
stupid but this is the truth. By the way I recommend EEGLAB's 'Basic FIR
filter (new, default)' with low-end '1', which applies 0.5-Hz cutoff (-6dB)
filter. Some say this is aggressive and 'distorts ERP', but there are
several trade-offs which they do not emphasize.

Here is a summary from my past communication with Andreas Widmann for your
info.
http://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Firfilt_FAQ

Makoto