[Eeglablist] Average Reference after measuring 128 Ch using one of the 128 channels as reference (Cz)?

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Wed Dec 2 10:19:35 PST 2015

Dear Ernesto,

> Should I remove the reference channel from my data (select data->remove)
before processing the average reference, even if it is part of my data?

If you have reference channel in your data, the recorded signal is (ref
chan) - (ref chan) = 0, so it should be flat. You want to remove this flat
channel, of course.

After average referencing, you may want to discard *any* one channel to
make the data full-ranked.

Makoto

On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 3:11 AM, Ernesto Gonzalez Trejo <gonzalez at snn-unit.de