[Eeglablist] Recovering FCz used as online reference (ActiCap)

Clemens DICKHUT clemens.dickhut at uni.lu
Tue Dec 8 00:41:16 PST 2015

Dear EEG experts,

I am using a 64 channel acticap system. Two additional electrodes placed on Az and FCz serve as ground and reference, respectively. I am recording the data with BrainVision recorder. Ref and ground are not in the workspace.

When I load the bv file into EEGLAB, consequently only 64 channels are available, Az and FCz are missing.

Do you know of any ways how I could reuse the FCz for subsequent offline re-referencing etc? Perhaps by including it in the workspace beforehand? BrainVisionAnalyzer seems to offer the option of reusing the reference channel.

I am very grateful for help.

Kind regards,
Clemens

  P.S.: in case of double post, sorry, but I think my first request did not get through.

Clemens Dickhut, M.Sc., (PhD Student)
Institute for Health and Behaviour
Research Unit INSIDE
University of Luxembourg - Campus Belval
Maison des Sciences Humaines
11, Porte des Sciences, R. 04 415
L-4366 Esch-sur-Alzette
Tel.: (+352) 46 66 44 9536